Est. 06.10.2004

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Puyuallup Fair

I had started this blog months ago (since it is from the September Fair and all...), but had to exit really fast from it at work so I didn't think it saved (and I never had the time to re-do it). But I was just fiddling around this site and found it! Pretty cool that it saved it! Saves me another hour or so of typing and posting pics!! I did make one boo-boo when I was trying to fix it up; I deleted the big slide pic. Sorry. Will have to re-post it another day since the pic is on my work computer.



I took a Personal Day from work on Thursday so we could go to the fair (Kati, I totally lied to you. I was at Pike Place on Friday, not Thursday....all my days run together, it's hard to keep track..)

The first ride we went on was the Train. Oh man. Lucas was so excited...even though you can't really tell in the photos.







Staring at some rides. I didn't get any great pics because I was sitting behind them. It dawned on me after we got all situated that I needed to have been in the front in order to get good pics. Oh well, live and learn.





Now, if you've met my child you know he's a little...cautious. So I was very surprised he wanted to go on rides himself..and actually stayed on them! He was so eager to get into that car. A little girl behind him in line tried to cut and he let her have it. There will be no cutting in front of this kid, missy.


Again, he's having more fun than you can tell from the pictures! He's just a very serious-faced boy sometimes :)

Action shot...


Next was the boat ride. I think it's cool that they still have the same rides that they had when I was little. I'll have to find one of John and I on the boat ride and show it to Lucas. See what he says...or if he even recognizes it. Who knows.

Not quite sure what to think..

Still thinking if he wants to get out or not..

"Ok, I'm going to be alright...and I think I like it!"


He thought the teepee was pretty cool. Anything that's like a tunnel is alright in his book.

Next was the big slide (this is the one I accidentally deleted!! oopsies..). He for some reason didn't want any help. Well, he got up to were that girl in the white is off to the right of the pic before he started freaking out. Gus to the rescue. He actually went farther than I thought it would, but still the screaming that came out of him...


They had this cool metal...thing..there that the kids took little sticks and played "music" on it. Pretty entertaining.
Lucas really wanted to go on the motorcycle ride...and maybe would have done it if he would have gotten a bike that wasn't in the air higher than everyone else. Who knows.

He looks cool in this pic, but about 1.3 seconds later, he was screaming his little head off. That's my big boy!! :)
There's more Fair pics, but this is way long enough for now.

No comments: