Est. 06.10.2004

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kite Festival, Day 4

This was the Kid Day at the Kite Festival. The kiddies fly their kites with Grandparents and get pins, and also they have this Teddy Bear drop where they have teddy bears parachute and 15 lucky kids get to catch the bears and keep them...Kai nor Luc got their names called.



It was so nice to actually have a nice day. Luc loved the big kites, like the black cat behind us.


Luc's Cars kite flying with the other kites...that kite only flew for about 5 minutes, and then we couldn't get it back up. I'm thinking the tail was too long...it was like 10 feet!


Luc and Grandma Janeen flying (or trying to) some kites.



The only kite we could really get to fly well was one he made at the Kite Museum...and when I said Luc made it, I mean Gus..and when I say Gus, I mean I helped too... :)



He was SO proud of himself for flying the kite!! I was pretty surprised he liked it so well considering it's something that you pretty much just stand around and do, and since that kid is always moving.

I love how Luc "sits". If there's a wall or something to lean against, he does this. I don't know where he picked up this from, since we don't do it, but he sure does like it. He also does this cute little squat thing instead of sitting on the floor (I'll find a pic of him doing that and post it).
They had some pretty cute kites. I liked the legs.
It's an Obama kite. Couldn't go down to the Kite Festival without running into this stuff. I was surprised they didn't have any McCain kites flying! haha

No comments: