Est. 06.10.2004

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kite Festival, Day 1

I finally have a little extra bit of free time to finally post the vacation pics from 2ish weeks ago (seems like an eternity now). I still don't have a lot of the Kite Festival pics as they were taken with Janeen's camera, but I'll get them sometime..



Lucas loved these photo-op things. Every day we went down to the festival, he had to do these, twice. I don't know why I only have one copy (I should have at least 9) since we all had to take turns with him...they must be on Janeen's camera too.

This was taken on Wednesday, the 3rd day of the Kite Festival (first day we ventured down there). Usually there should be about a hundred kites in the air, not just like 10. The weather sucked. Out of the 7 days the festival was going on, only 2 were sunny. This was taken about 10 minutes before the monsoon hit. We (Janeen, Lucas and I) were walking on the mile long boardwalk, and were halfway down when it hit. Thankfully Luc was wearing a new waterproof jacket (and it actually worked!!!) and Janeen packed us some ponchos. We finished walking the boardwalk, but still had to walk back to the car in the rain.

Lucas was loving it (the little weirdo likes to catch the raindrops on his tongue like snowflakes...) until I forced him to wear my poncho (I was worried his raincoat wasn't working enough...and I'm such a downer {I can hear you agreeing with me, Kyle!}). You would think that child thought I was killing him. I also felt like ripping off both the poncho and raincoat and make him walk like that, but my maturity level returned and just ignored the screaming and kicking...
And yes, I'm mean enough to take a picture of my kid crying because he was just so pathetic.

No comments: