Est. 06.10.2004

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Zubal Reunion

All the Zubals of the world (alright, maybe not all, but enough) met on July 26th for our 1st Annual Zubal Reunion. We got together at a huge state park in Everett..or Marysville (it's all that far north). For those who don't know, the Zubal side of the family comes from Gus' mom, Janeen. Kara and Kathy put everything together. It was pretty fun. The kids had a blast.


Sarah and Luc had fun with the "wind socks" (I can't think what they're really called) for awhile. I didn't get a pic of it, but Abby was pretty cute playing with the them. The sticks are too big for her, so she sat down on the top of the hill and played that way. Smart cookie!

Abby is so cute! She loved Kai's little doggie chair.


The kids (mostly the girls) had a potato sack race. They all were pretty good at it! I was surprised there weren't any tumbles...I know I would have been flat on my face if I did it! Sarah, Freddie, and Julia had the first race.



Emily and Anna had the 2nd race. Lucas was supposed to be in this one, but he was too chicken to go up against his girl cousins :)



Kai just had his own race with the truck!


Luc and Emmy had fun yelling at each other through the Shout thingys. They played that game for a good, long while!

Kara had a game of "Stick the sticker on the Clown". All the kids were pretty good at it, but Emmy took it to another level! haha She stuck her nose on the clown nose! She won for being the most creative!!


We had a turtle pinata to break open. Now with this group, you would think it would only take seconds for the thing to get busted. I stopped counting how many kids hit that thing before it broke. It was made with some strong industrial strength glue!!


And all Abby wanted was the head. Interesting.... :)

Abby was giving Great Grandma Zubal some big loves. Poor Grandma's face was nice and sticky afterwards though!

I have tons more pics of the reunion, but there's just too many for this. If anyone wants any, just let me know and I'll email them to you.

1 comment:

Kati said...

Hey Erin,

Do you moderate your comments? I'm just wondering why my comment didn't show up...I do it too, just curious so i don't send a couple retarded comments.

In case you didn't get the comment, I was telling you that we probably won't be able to meet with you when we go to Kent because we have to drive Scarlet to Seattle and then head to Auburn in a really short amount of time. We have tickets to go to the radiohead concert. I'm super excited!