Est. 06.10.2004

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Long ride to the ocean

I got the pleasure of driving from work in Seattle all the way down to Long Beach / Ocean Park all by my lonesomes on Friday. ...but I did enjoy it some since I was stuck in some horrible traffic (that wouldn't have been any fun with a 3 year old..or Gus for that matter! hehe) The trip should have only taken about 3 or 4 hours, took close to 6. So to entertain myself, I took many pictures with the phone, and sang my little heart out to my ipod. It was great to sing at the top of my lungs with Gus or Luc complaining...but I did have to stop a few times because I was annoying myself! Not an easy task to do, but that just shows what an amazing singer I am! :)

This was about hour 5. I was getting a little bored. Like the Elvis lip? haha

These are basically the same picture...I just couldn't decide if I like the sun more to the left, or to the right. (like I said, I was getting pretty bored...). And, I did stop the car to take these pictures. I was hoping the tide would be in so the water would be all the way up to the tree line, but I never seem to time this drive correctly. It's so beautiful (even more) when the tide's in.

I was trying to get some good views.

There are some parts of the drive that remind me of Kansas. This was the only one I got a picture of. I tried to get some others that really look like KS, but I was either driving too fast to get the camera going or just didn't think about taking a pic.

No comments: