Est. 06.10.2004

Monday, November 17, 2008

This is why I love my job...

I know I already emailed this out, but I'm just so proud of my tenant! hahaha It's not everyday that someone writes something cute AND funny!


A NEW ROMANCE

I did not think, at my age, it would ever happen, but it has. I am in love
with my new toilet.

The day it was installed I sat upon it all
afternoon; we were getting used to each other. I got up at night, every half
hour or so, just to make sure it was still there.

I was so
gleaming, so white, so virginally pure in its newness.

I tried to
think of how to best describe its efficient sound: whISH, or whOOSH, or flUSH,
or bUSH! and suddenly, heilige scheiss, it was all gone, to be forgotten
forever.

It has brought me and my neighbors on this floor together,
as we visit each other to view each other’s new toilet. We should have one big
house party for the entire complex.

Some day I will leave, either
for a nursing home, the morgue, or Southern California. What a consolation to
realize that the new toilet will still be here to remember me by.

- Peter Eccles

No comments: